Uniform Policy & Sales
SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
(Extract from “School Behaviour Management Plan”)
The wearing of full school uniform is compulsory at Holy Family School. It is a condition of enrolment at the school. A separate uniform applies for summer and winter conditions. The wearing of full school uniform is a great way for students to develop self pride. It is also a means by which students can honour their school. We encourage the wearing of the school’s metal badge during school hours. Sports polo shirts, sloppy joes, hats, sports shorts, wind jackets, trackpants, ties, metal badges are available from the school office. All other items are available in shops in Bathurst.
GIRLS SCHOOL UNIFORM (Items in blue are only available at the School Office / Items in black are only available at other retail outlets)
Summer (Terms 1 & 4)
Pink gingham dress
Winter (Terms 2 & 3)
Maroon tunic or slacks
Maroon pleated skirt OR maroon unisex shorts
Maroon, white, pink gingham ribbons / scrunchies / headbands only.
Girls haircuts and styles should be neat and tidy.
BOYS SCHOOL UNIFORM (Items in blue are only available at the School Office / Items in black are only available at other retail outlets)
Summer (Terms 1 & 4)
Grey school shorts
Winter (Terms 2 & 3)
Long grey school trousers (Melange fabric)
School polo shirt (short or long sleeved)
Boys haircuts should be neat & tidy. We encourage short style haircuts. The school encourages our boys to take pride in their appearance and be neatly presented.
- Ankle length socks are preferred for regular and sports uniforms.
- Senior students who have represented the Diocese of Bathurst or NSW CPS Polding Catholic Schools, are permitted to wear their representative sports polo shirt on the school's sports day. This is an approved variation to school uniform.
- Year 6 students are permitted to wear the Year 6 graduation rugby polo top as part of their sports uniform on sports day. This is an approved variation to school uniform.
WHS (Work Health & Safety):
- As a WHS matter, and due to possible injury to self or others during sport and at play times, the school requests minimal wearing of jewellery at school. We request that items that present a safety risk not be worn to school. School staff may request removal of items that present a safety risk.
- Religious medals or small crucifix may be worn on a chain.
- Medical bracelets are permitted at school.
- Bangles, anklets, wrist bands, finger rings, foot bands or necklaces can present safety risks & should not be worn at school.
- Earrings should be sleeper studs only – safest option.
- Make up & nail polish should not be worn to school.
- The school reserves the right to request removal of non-compliant jewellery.
- School authorities have the final say as to the appropriateness of student presentation at school.
Parents accept this policy and these conditions when they sign the Enrolment Agreement at the school.
* * *
- Parkas and coats may be worn during winter but full school uniform must be worn underneath. Parkas/coats/jackets are to be either Maroon, Black or Navy (or the HFS Jacket).
- Uniforms can be purchased from Marietta’s, Lowes, Big W or on-line at “Dressed For School”.
- If your child has a genuine allergy to wool, a knitted cotton jumper may be worn. Grey and maroon sloppy joes are not permitted.
SCHOOL OFFICE UNIFORM SALES
Holy Family School office stocks sports uniform items as well as other items. These are available for purchase over the counter. For a full price list, please click the link at the bottom of this page.
Note: Prices can change pending batch costs from our suppliers.
SECOND HAND HFS UNIFORM POOL:
Holy Family School also operates a Uniform Pool. This is situated in a small room near our Canteen. The Pool is a service run by volunteers. It enables parents to buy and sell quality second hand uniform items. The Uniform Pool is open each Thursday from 3.00pm – 3.30pm.
If you would like to put uniform items into the pool for sale, please download the No. 1 form below titled “Uniform Pool Rules and Form”.
If you have previously had items in the Pool and have filled this form in and now have extra items, please download the No. 2 form titled “Uniform Pool Extra Items”.
If you have uniform from a high school, please download the No. 3 form below.
- “Marietta’s Clothing” (George Street) is a specific school uniform retailers in Bathurst. As well, stores such as Big W and Lowes sell some of our uniform items.
- On-line ordering of some uniform items: “Dressed For School” www.dressedforschool.com.au